What our GDPR & Policy Lead & Training coordinator do
Role description & responsibilities
This role is part of the sub group that supports the CIC committee. The role’s tasks include:
- Understand and familiarise themselves with the appropriate policies in place:
- GDPR Policy
- Raising and Escalating Concerns Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Operate independently, impartially and professionally
- Review current policy and advise the committee of any amendments required
- Assist the organisation in ensuring they are complying with GDPR requirements by all members. This is especially important as the majority of work is done virtually and online
- Attend CiC committee meeting three times a year to feedback on role and issues arising (March, September & November)
- Make themselves available to support group members who wish to raise any relevant aspects.
- Liaise with external FTSU guardians to identify joint working to benefit the purposes of NMCWatch
- Advise CIC committee on any aspects to address with the annual aims and campaigning set out.
- Determine common themes in the support group that would benefit from training packages
- Assist the Director and Found of the CIC in structuring an online training package to address the above.
- Develop a training program for registrants under FtP needing to write appropriate reflections in line with NMC requirement
- Assist in ongoing conferences and/or webinars on specific topics throughout the year.
Qualities and Skills Required
This role requires a range of skills and competencies. These include, but are not limited to, skills and competencies in:
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Partnership building and relationship management
- IT skills
- Driving continuous improvement
- Time management and prioritisation
- Measuring effectiveness and impact
- Training and capability building
- Autonomy and independent working
- 2 – 4 hours per month
- Length of Position: Minimum 1 year