NMCWatch: registrant care CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone volunteering or receiving support by. We expect all members to share this commitment.
Summary of role
- To take lead responsibility for all safeguarding matters arising throughout the CIC and Facebook support group.
- To be given the time, funding, training, resources and authority to lead all aspects in regard to safeguarding.
- To raise with the CIC committee / board any safeguarding issues in line with our policy.
- To ensure our policy is appropriate and meets the unique needs of our cohort.
- To keep up to date with our philosophy and ensure all members are aware of it and work within in.
- To advise on how to refer to other authorise if wider safeguarding issues are identified.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Status and authority within the CIC to carry out the duties of the post including committing resources, and where appropriate, supporting and directing others to safeguard and promote the welfare of all. To be available for all to discuss any safeguarding concerns.
To act as a source of support, advice and expertise to all on matters of safety and safeguarding and when deciding whether to make a referral by liaising with the relevant agencies.
To facilitate awareness in the support group of what Safeguarding is in relation to our cohort and how to ensure appropriate and proportionate safeguarding is maintained.