Template to request Interim Order Review Hearing
A review hearing can be requested by either party at any time.
However, when a registrant requests this the NMC may only agree if they are satisfied that there is new evidence.
This template gives 10 ideas on how to create this new evidence.
“NEW EVIDENCE” is required.
- Show how you have new evidence which needs to be reviewed by a fresh panel (some information could be confidential only to the panel)
Evidence could include:
- Testimonials from colleagues (& other professionals)
These need to state that you are a safe competent practitioner (& following any COP)
- Testimonials on how the conditions have negative effects on the ward (staffing levels, time management etc)
- The Time Lapsed since COP order no longer makes the COP required or relevant
- Some reflections showing progress (professional development / CPD)
- Your health
e.g 1)GP & / or Occupational Health agreeing conditions are no longer needed and not in your best interests.
2) Provide evidence / statement of impact on your health (& pregnancy if relevant)
- Ask the NMC what is their idea of a “satisfactory time frame” for conditions.
- Often the NMC have no idea about this or anything they are doing.
- This is why challenging them can be a useful way forward.
Fair Reasonable & Proportionate
- The NMC is required by law to be fair reasonable and proportionate.
- A COP must be fair reasonable and proportionate.
- Lack of rationale by the NMC can be used to get them to agree to another review hearing with the possibility that the next panel will find in your favour.
Question and challenge all NMC decisions.